NIL Athlete Marketing Manager (University of Memphis)
REPORTS TO: University NIL General Manager (On Campus)
LOCATION: Memphis, Tennessee. Please see anticipated designation below.
Purpose: The University NIL Athlete Marketing Manager (the “AMM”) is responsible for education surrounding the NIL programming at the designated university (see below) including, but not limited to, NIL deal management of new athlete partnership opportunities with local, regional, and national brands, while monitoring and ensuring adherence to the designated university, conference, NCAA, state, and federal regulations. This position will be responsible for advancing NIL marketing and activation efforts for the designated university to ensure university athletes, coaches, staff, and external stakeholders have the tools and resources necessary to maximize opportunities and navigate this new space. This position is further responsible for ensuring world-class service is delivered for optimal outcomes through successful adoption of Altius’s current and future offerings.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead all internal stakeholder NIL education and programming.
- Create supplemental resources to help University NIL General Manager (On Campus) secure relationships with local, regional, and national brands.
- Assist in the creation and execution of institutional social and digital media strategies that enhance athlete recruitment efforts for all designated university sports programs and the overall NIL program.
- Track and oversee day-to-day NIL technology and marketplace disclosures, data, and national benchmarking to ensure proper usage.
- Assist in leading NIL education sessions available to all athletes and sport programs.
- Prospect, research, and support the development of athlete marketing opportunities through cold-calling, cold-emailing, networking, and other processes.
- Educate businesses and develop new business leads for university athletes through identification and pursuit of new and unique NIL opportunities.
- Educate interested brands and create unique sponsorship opportunities and maximize revenue potential.
- Maintain accurate records on all existing and prospective brand relationships and interactions.
- Develop an education strategy for university athletes and teams that delivers opportunities across campus in alignment with university, conference, NCAA, state, and federal guidelines.
- Track and support the NIL opportunity process from start to finish.
- Educate athletes on coordination and activation of NIL opportunities.
- Stay updated on the latest NIL trends and best practices, including legislative advancements, NCAA compliance regulations, and vendor landscape evolutions.
- Research and benchmark collegiate NIL industry and stay current with relevant market trends and conditions.
- Regularly participate in Altius meetings and discussions regarding evolving trends in collegiate athletics and best practices.
- Provide regular reports to the University NIL General Manager (On Campus) and internal Altius team.
- Maintain highest level of confidentiality, both within organization, applicable university, and other external entities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
- Do you have any affiliation (past or present) with the University of Memphis or its athletics department?
- If you answered "yes" to the previous question, please elaborate on your affiliation.
- How familiar are you with NIL in collegiate athletics?
- Do you have experience with sponsorship deals?
- If you answered "yes" to the previous question, please explain the extent of your experience and your specific roles/responsibilities for those sponsorship deals.
- Please provide a dollar amount or range in compensation that you would need to perform this role based in Memphis, Tennessee.
- Are you a former collegiate athlete?
- If you answered "yes" to the previous question, please share your sport, school, and roster year(s).
- Are you able to work on campus in Memphis at the University of Memphis 5 days per week?