NIL General Manager (University of Memphis)
REPORTS TO: Altius Account Executive, ASP College
LOCATION: Memphis, Tennessee. Please see anticipated designation below.
Purpose: The University NIL General Manager (the “GM”) will oversee and coordinate all operations surrounding the NIL infrastructure at the designated university (see below) including, but not limited to, educational programming, monitoring, and ensuring adherence to the designated university, conference, state, federal, and NCAA policies. This position will be responsible for advancing NIL efforts for the designated university to ensure athletes, coaches, staff, and recruits have the tools, education, and resources necessary to maximize opportunities and navigate this new space. Additionally, the GM will be responsible for generating awareness of potential athlete marketing opportunities with national, regional, and local brands. This position is further responsible for ensuring world-class service is delivered to the designated university through successful adoption of Altius’s current and future offerings.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead designated university’s NIL support services through development of a sustainable infrastructure that supports and maximizes athlete opportunities in alignment with institutional values and priorities.
- Serve as the liaison on NIL-related matters between all relevant university stakeholders.
- Oversee the implementation and regular review of university NIL policies and procedures.
- Plan and execute athlete NIL education at designated university with a focus on opportunity maximization, time and opportunity management, and risk mitigation.
- Provide ongoing guidance for coaches, support staff, and administration at designated university to strategically maximize individual and departmental roles, awareness, and engagement in the NIL space.
- Manage NIL questions and requests from university stakeholders (e.g., athletes, coaches, staff, etc.) and external stakeholders (e.g., boosters, third-party individuals, local business, etc.).
- Liaise on NIL-related matters between all relevant university stakeholders and international athletes.
- Coordinate the development and growth of collaborative, outcome-oriented initiatives with campus partners.
- Coordinate activation and manage fulfillment of NIL activities between relevant internal and external stakeholders at designated university, including but not limited to donors and external third-party entities.
- Provide guidance on designated university’s corporate partner strategy as it relates to NIL and collaborate with MMR partner to identify potential opportunities, parameters, and procedures for preferred vendor activation of athlete NIL alongside institutional IP.
- Create and implement efficient and effective communication strategies to keep key stakeholders abreast of the latest industry trends and developments.
- Coordinate and manage involvement of NIL agents and other relevant professional service providers.
- Assist with the tracking and monitoring of NIL activities in compliance with university’s NIL policy.
- Stay updated on the latest NIL trends and best practices, including legislative advancements, NCAA compliance regulations, and vendor landscape evolutions.
- Support virtual and in-person recruiting efforts as permitted by NCAA legislation.
- Regularly participate in Altius meetings regarding evolving trends and best practices in collegiate athletics.
- Adapt role to maximize opportunities as rules and regulations evolve.
- Provide regular reports to the Altius Account Executive, ASP College and leadership team.
- Maintain highest level of confidentiality and professionalism.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
- Do you have any affiliation (past or present) with the University of Memphis or its athletics department?
- If you answered "yes" to the previous question, please elaborate on your affiliation.
- How familiar are you with NIL in collegiate athletics?
- Do you have experience with sponsorship deals?
- If you answered "yes" to the previous question, please explain the extent of your experience and your specific roles/responsibilities for those sponsorship deals.
- Please provide a dollar amount or range in compensation that you would need to perform this role based in Memphis, Tennessee.
- Are you a former collegiate athlete?
- If you answered "yes" to the previous question, please share your sport, school, and roster year(s).
- Are you able to work on campus in Memphis at the University of Memphis 5 days per week?