Account Executive – NIL Brand Sales (LINCOLN, NE OR U.S. REMOTE)
ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE - NIL BRAND SALES (U.S. REMOTE or LINCOLN, NE)
Opendorse, the NIL company, is the leading technology provider in the athlete endorsement industry. More than 100,000 athletes use Opendorse to understand, build, and monetize their name, image, and likeness (NIL) with support from thousands of brands, fans, sponsors, donors and partners including the PGA TOUR, NHL, NFLPA, MLBPA, WNBPA, LPGA, over 100 professional and collegiate sports teams.
In 2022, the Opendorse Marketplace is the leading NIL destination for athletes. Fans, Brands, Sponsors, Donors and more can connect with athletes to complete deals, manage their NIL, and secure payment. For Student Athletes, the Opendorse marketing, education, and compliance platform serve as an all-in-one NIL solution.
We are looking for a highly-motivated Account Executive of Brand Sales to join our organization to grow and manage our Brand Sales Representatives by enabling them to sell, support, and deliver our products and services. You will manage all functions and processes associated with growing and activating assigned Brand Partners to meet company revenue goals. You will own relationships with key account stakeholders and executives to ensure Opendorse’s technology and support offering is fully integrated into new and existing partner business model.
CORE FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Individual seller role responsible for selling larger, strategic brand deals
- Design and execute short/long-term plans for Opendorse adoption against assigned Brand Partners, build client relationships, close deals & drive repeat business.
- Create and drive execution of an effective new business development process (aka “new logo hunting”)
- Meet assigned targets for sales volume and strategic objectives in assigned Brand partner accounts
- Negotiate pricing, scopes of services, MSA’s and Change Orders to reflect evolving business requirements
- Implement key account growth model into Brand Partner enablement strategy
- Coordinate involvement of operations team, including campaign support, managed services, and product resources, in order to execute successful athlete activations for Brand Partner clientele
- Proactively assesses, clarifies, and validates Brand partner need, recommend product or service enhancements to improve Brand Partner relationship and customer adoption
- Build and maintain an intimate understanding of Opendorse’s products, value proposition, and competitive offering
- Partner with Marketing to ensure the execution of programs and campaigns to drive Brand leads, pipeline, and deal progression. Develop joint messaging and value propositions that highlight mutually beneficial relationships and value to our business customers, along with repeatable sales enablement programs and toolkits
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Minimum of 2+ years proven sales and closing success
- Ability to design, implement, and execute successful brand campaigns, as measured by pre-determined success criteria
- Confident selling technology products and solutions
- Exceptional track record achieving quarter over quarter sales quotas
- Experience building strong sales presentations and delivering software demos to sophisticated buyers
- Well-spoken and well-written, able to create compelling proposals to close complex deals
- Comfortable being resourceful, utilizing whatever is available to progress deals
- Strong history and/or familiarity working with brands
- High EQ, comfort with ambiguity and a “no job too small” startup mentality
- Startup experience is a bonus
- Willingness to travel up to 25%
WHAT WILL SET YOU APART
The ideal candidate will possess a blend of direct sales and Brand experience, consulting skills, strategic vision, business acumen, and the ability to meet and exceed revenue goals. A passion for creating partnerships that produce results and executing a sales cadence that delivers consistent and predictable Brand revenue through joint business planning, sales enablement, product adoption, and Brand management is essential.
DIVERSITY AT OPENDORSE
Opendorse is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in the power of diverse teams, celebrate differences and champion inclusion. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor employment visas.