Account Executive – NIL Collectives (LINCOLN, NE OR U.S. REMOTE)
ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE - NIL COLLECTIVES (U.S. REMOTE or LINCOLN, NE)
Opendorse, the NIL company, is the leading technology provider in the athlete endorsement industry. More than 100,000 athletes use Opendorse to understand, build, and monetize their name, image, and likeness (NIL) with support from thousands of brands, fans, sponsors, donors and partners including the PGA TOUR, NHL, NFLPA, MLBPA, WNBPA, LPGA, over 100 professional and collegiate sports teams.
The Opendorse Marketplace is the leading NIL destination for athletes. Fans, Brands, Sponsors and Donors connect with athletes to complete deals, manage their NIL, and secure payment. For Student Athletes, the Opendorse marketing, education, and compliance platform serve as an all-in-one NIL solution.
We are looking for a highly-motivated NIL Collectives Account Executive to join our organization and grow our position as the preferred technology partner to the rapidly growing NIL Collectives segment of the NIL industry. You will manage all functions and processes associated with activating and growing new partnerships with assigned NIL Collectives to meet company revenue goals. You will own relationships with key account stakeholders and executives to ensure Opendorse’s technology and support offering is fully integrated into new and existing partner’s business model.
CORE FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identify and cultivate relationships with NIL Collectives and decision-makers within these organizations
- Develop and execute a sales strategy to increase revenue and market share
- Present and promote our products and services to NIL Collectives
- Attend industry events and trade shows to network and build relationships
- Collaborate with internal teams to ensure customer satisfaction and resolve any issues that arise
- Consistently achieve and exceed sales targets
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Sports industry experience is a must
- Proven sales experience
- Strong understanding of college athletics and the NIL Collectives market
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with key decision-makers
- Exceptional track record achieving quarter over quarter sales quotas
- Experience building strong sales presentations and delivering software demos to sophisticated buyers
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; well-spoken and well-written, able to create compelling proposals to close complex deals
- Comfortable being resourceful, utilizing whatever is available to progress deals
- High EQ, comfort with ambiguity and a “no job too small” startup mentality
- Startup experience is a bonus
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Self-motivated and results-driven
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or a related field is preferred.
- Willingness to travel up to 25%
WHAT WILL SET YOU APART
You’ve worked within Division 1 college athletics and have a strong personal network across Division 1 college athletics – particularly at the “Power 5” and “Group of 5” levels.
DIVERSITY AT OPENDORSE
Opendorse is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in the power of diverse teams, celebrate differences and champion inclusion. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor employment visas.