Opendorse is proud of its decade of experience helping athletes understand, build, protect, and monetize their brand. More than 85,000 athletes use Opendorse to understand, build, and monetize their name, image, and likeness (NIL) with support from thousands of brands, fans, sponsors, donors, and partners including the PGA TOUR, NHL, NFLPA, MLBPA, WNBPA, LPGA, over 100 professional and collegiate sports teams.
In 2022, the Opendorse Marketplace is the leading NIL destination for athletes. From managing their NIL to completing deals and securing payment, Athletes use Opendorse to connect with Fans, Brands, Donors, and Sponsors. For Student Athletes, Opendorse technology also serves as an all-in-one NIL solution for marketing, education, and compliance.
If you love a challenge and are eager to scale a SaaS and Direct-to-Consumer business to the next level, this role is a rare opportunity to join a fast-growing sports startup, that cares about its people and culture, has a strong brand, a great solution, and is loved by its partners.
CORE FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead build-out of demand gen best practices, engagement, and reporting (owned and institutional demand gen) with a primary focus on the success of school partners
- Evaluate athlete self-promotion to identify opportunities at all athlete NIL levels
- Create a data-driven approach to sharing marketing tools results to help schools achieve high-performing, branded marketplaces.
- Collect, maintain and report on promotional data to drive school engagement
- Design and develop brand buyer demand generation approach
- Initiate & evaluate long-term build-out of CRM capability for fan buyer outreach and buying re-engagement
- Lead Event ROI analysis to determine optimal event strategy for Sales/Marketing
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Self-starter with ideas on what and how to build demand generation success
- Well-rounded marketer with demonstrated success in multiple areas including email marketing, content marketing, paid advertising, and product marketing
- Strong partnership marketing background and orientation
- A highly effective, cross-functional collaborator and communicator
- Excellent writing and editing skills, plus attention to detail
- Someone who envisions themselves working at a mission-driven company centered around helping every athlete
WHAT WILL SET YOU APART
- Showing ownership of previous projects with limited direction or institutional experience
- Initiative to take a project from start to finish while iterating improvements
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Successfully led the building of a CRM program from the initial stages – tech selection, approach framework, testing strategy + execution – through to market results
- Proven collaborator who can connect across multiple functions and geographies
- Ability to put frameworks and data around the why, what, when, how and have accountability to the results.
- Marketplace experience a plus
DIVERSITY AT OPENDORSE
Opendorse is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in the power of diverse teams, celebrate differences and champion inclusion. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor employment visas.